Ghost of Tsushima: Iki Island horse armor: How to get the Sakai horse armor
Grab yourself the Iki Island Sakai horse armor with this guide
How to get the Iki Island Sakai horse armor
The Ghost of Tsushima: Iki Island horse armor might be the coolest armor set yet, and it's all for your four-legged pal. To accompanying the new horse charge ability introduced in the freshly dropped expansion, you can get a new armor set that turns your steed into a dragon with antlers. It just so happened to belong to Jin's father, so it turns out this is the Iki Island Sakai horse armor set, and it's seriously impressive.
It also requires quite the platforming section to even find, so prepare yourself for some leaping and swinging before you can get back to charging through Mongols.
Legacy of Kazumasa Sakai
The first thing you'll need to do is unlock the specific quest, and that's done by completing the main mission known as A Raider's Return. This will end with you unlocking a main base known as Fuge's Return, which in turn spawns a few new missions. A blue Mythic Tale will appear on the east of the map called The Legacy of Kazumasa Sakai, and is the one you'll want to start if you fancy getting the horse armor.
The mission will take you to a location called the Sheltered Campsite, where an older gentlemen is telling a tale of Jin's own father - also known as The Butcher of Iki. Unfortunately, things will take a turn and you'll be thrown out of the camp. You'll instead have to sneak back in to hear the rest of the story and learn of what happened to the legendary Sakai horse armor.
Doing so will allow you to discover that the horse armor went down with a fleet of ships that smashed against the rocky coastline of Iki's Zasho Bay - handily just a little meander down the beach from the campsite itself.
Now begins the platforming section that - I'll be honest - drove me slightly mad. You'll want to start all the way to the left of the shipwrecks, and grapple up the rear of that first boat, before making your way to the very front.
At the front right-hand corner of the bow is a rope that leads up to the top of the sails of the next boat. Run across here, and then leap across to the rope beyond the mast. When you reach the second mast, run along the wooden beam, and leap to the rock between you and a third mast.
Make your way from the rock to the next mast, run along that beam, then drop down to the rock ahead of you, and then down again into the rockpool below where there are a few items to pick up.
Protruding from this rockpool is another wreckage. Use your grapple hook to pull down the mast here, and then return to the higher level of the rock to use the now accessible mast. You'll need to swing across from the mast to a tree stump on the rock beyond. Warning, if you miss this you will have to go back to the start.
From the stump, run around the length of this rocky platform to the highest point, by the broken box with the leather inside. Then, from here, leap to the mast and run to the end, at which point it'll break and plunge you into the depths below.
Directly ahead of you is a small gap in the wreckage. Swim through and then turn immediately to your left, where there's some land you can stand on. Directly ahead of you is a large shipwreck, and just at the base of this is a small piece of wood you can pull free with your grapple.
With the wreckage freed, you can then walk through it to reach another rocky outcrop with a smashed box atop of it. Jump off the end of the broken piece of mast lying across the end of the rock to grapple to another mast and into a pool beyond.
There's another shipwreck in this pool, where you'll need to use your grapple hook to release the mast. But, once you've done that you'll need to swim out of this pool entirely - there's a gap all the way to the right of this shipwreck where you can exit.
From there keep heading right, swim under another shipwreck, and then head back to the spot where you used your grapple to release the entire boat. Climb back up here, go across the rock, and then swing across the series of three masts to reach the deck of - you guessed it - another shipwreck.
You'll have another Eagle vision here, so wait until that has passed before using your grapple hook on the mast here. This will send the huge beam crashing down so that you can walk along it to a rock, where there's a rope you can use to carry on towards a seaweed covered rock.
Now, take the next sequence steady - we're almost done. These slippery rocks are also in a rough patch of the ocean, meaning waves are going to come and knock you off if you don't time it right.
Thankfully the path is quite obvious here. Jump from that first seaweed-covered rock, and then grapple over to the next one. From there, jump up to the rope hanging from the small boat, and make your way to the mast. Then you've got two more weeded rocks to navigate against the waves under reaching solid ground once more.
Just make sure you wait for each wave to hit before moving through this section, as if you're blasted off course you'll have to restart this particular section.
After the seaweed rock section, you'll find yourself in another little basin of water. Head down the slope and then jump into the water to reach the rock opposite. Cross the beam, but it'll collapse into the water. Instead, head right and there's a rocky outcrop that curve around the back of the boat above.
Head around the back and use the rope to reach the mast emerging from the water. You can then jump from here to one last seaweed-covered rock (watch out for the waves), and then leap to grapple yourself into the boat above.
Within, you'll finally find your goal. The head of the Iki Island horse armor is presented inside the rear of the boat ready for the taking.
When your horse is wearing the Sakai armor, your horse charge will inflict more damage, and any incoming attacks are far less likely to dismount Jin. Plus, your horse looks like an utter badass.
Ghost of Tsushima tips | Ghost of Tsushima map | Ghost of Tsushima best armor | Ghost of Tsushima best skills | Ghost of Tsushima best charms | Ghost of Tsushima Mythic Tales | How long is Ghost of Tsushima | Ghost of Tsushima Shinto Shrines | Ghost of Tsushima Bamboo Strikes | Ghost of Tsushima duels | Ghost of Tsushima Hot Springs | Ghost of Tsushima Fox Dens | Ghost of Tsushima Komatsu Forge | How to get the grappling hook in Ghost of Tsushima | Ghost of Tsushima horse | Ghost of Tsushima supplies | Ghost of Tsushima observe leader
Sign up to the GamesRadar+ Newsletter
Weekly digests, tales from the communities you love, and more
Sam Loveridge is the Global Editor-in-Chief of GamesRadar, and joined the team in August 2017. Sam came to GamesRadar after working at TrustedReviews, Digital Spy, and Fandom, following the completion of an MA in Journalism. In her time, she's also had appearances on The Guardian, BBC, and more. Her experience has seen her cover console and PC games, along with gaming hardware, for a decade, and for GamesRadar, she's in charge of the site's overall direction, managing the team, and making sure it's the best it can be. Her gaming passions lie with weird simulation games, big open-world RPGs, and beautifully crafted indies. She plays across all platforms, and specializes in titles like Pokemon, Assassin's Creed, The Sims, and more. Basically, she loves all games that aren't sports or fighting titles! In her spare time, Sam likes to live like Stardew Valley by cooking and baking, growing vegetables, and enjoying life in the countryside.
FC 24 RTTK tracker brings dynamic items for Haaland and Saka
Lies of P confirms the DLC fans were hoping for after that teaser ending
Exciting underwater Soulslike no longer sends players to Crab Hell
By Sam Loveridge 5 October 2023
By Will Sawyer 5 October 2023
By Sam Loveridge 4 October 2023
By Ben Wilson 1 October 2023
By Bradley Russell 29 September 2023
By Iain Wilson 29 September 2023
By Ford James 29 September 2023
Ghost of Tsushima: Where to Find Sakai Horse Armor
Players that are looking for the Sakai Horse Armor in Ghost of Tsushima's Iki Island DLC can learn its exact location in this guide.
The Sakai Horse Armor is a new item in Ghost of Tsushima ’s Iki Island DLC, and it plays a big role in the Blood on Your Hands trophy . Indeed, fans will need to dye this horse armor in Ghost of Tsushima in order to earn that achievement, though they must find the item before that can be done. Helping players track down the Sakai Horse Armor is the precise purpose of this guide, and details on its location can be found in what follows.
Where to Find the Sakai Horse Armor in Ghost of Tsushima
The first step toward obtaining the Sakai Horse Armor is to initiate the Legacy of Kazumasa Sakai Mythic Tale. This can be done by speaking with a storyteller at Zasho Bay on the eastside of Ghost of Tsushima 's Iki Island , and the quest begins with a short stealth section. This will ultimately lead fans to an objective that instructs them to find the horse armor of Kazumasa Sakai, and this is where things can get a bit tricky.
RELATED: Ghost of Tsushima Iki Island DLC Adds Ghost of Sparta Dye
To locate the horse armor of Kazumasa Sakai, Ghost of Tsushima players should jump into the water and swim toward two sailless masts that are protruding from it. Upon arrival at these masts, fans should immediately turn to their left and swim forward until they arrive at a broken wooden platform that has been pushed up against a rock formation on their left. Players should now climb that platform and rock formation in order to position themselves near a mast with a sail.
At this point, players should jump into the water that the aforementioned mast with a sail is emerging from, swim forward, and pass under some horizontal wooden planks. Fans should now see the hull of a ship sitting in front of them, and they should swim under it and turn to their left when they reach the other side. Players should then “step through” the small gap that is in front of them and head to a boat that has been thrown against some rocks.
Fans must now use their grappling hooks in Ghost of Tsushima to reposition the mast of this boat and then pass back through the gap that they just stepped through. They should then turn to their right to swim back under the boat that they went under previously and approach the large hull that is in front of them. Near the back of this hull, fans will discover that a small beam is supporting it, and they should use their grappling hooks once again to remove that beam.
Ghost of Tsushima players should now climb aboard the hull, walk to its front, and jump across a small gap to reach a rock formation. They will then need to swing across a number of additional gaps until they ultimately land on a large platform with yet another mast. This mast can also be moved with the help of the grappling hook, and doing so will open up a new pathway for Jin Sakai to follow.
After a bit of tightrope-walking and grappling, players will find themselves near a small boat that is situated atop a rock formation. They should make their way around to the farside of this ship and then use their grappling hook to enter it. Once aboard, fans should see Ghost of Tsushima 's horse armor quite clearly, and they are now free to collect it.
Ghost of Tsushima is available for PS4 and PS5.
MORE: Ghost of Tsushima's Real-World Counterparts Explained
Ghost Of Tsushima Director's Cut: How To Unlock Jin Sakai's Horse Armor
Getting the Sakai Horse Armor is one of the more involved side quests involving stealth, puzzles, and combat. Here's what you need to know.
There are two Mythic Tales in the Iki Island expansion that came with Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut . Unlike the Mythic Tales in the main game, these do not unlock skills and techniques. Instead, they unlock armor.
Related: Ghost Of Tsushima: Where To Find Every Hidden Tale On Iki Island
One of them unlocks the Saragumi Armor for Jin Sakai. The second gives you a special piece of armor for your horse. This Mythic Tale is not the easiest of them and involves several different steps, including stealth, climbing through a shipwreck, and combat while riding the horse. With this guide, you should have no problem getting through the quest in no time.
Where To Find The Mythic Tale
The quest to obtain the horse armor is called the Legacy of Kazumasa Sakai. Like most Mythic Tales, you find it from a storyteller. This one is at the Sheltered campsite on Zasho Bay.
When the man first starts telling the story, Jin Sakai ends up revealing his identity and he is kicked out of the camp. This prompts the stealth section where you have to sneak back into the village to hear the rest of the story.
Sneaking Into The Camp
There are several paths into the camp, but this one seems to have the least resistance. To the right of the entrance, there is a natural rock formation that creates a small tunnel.
Related: Ghost Of Tsushima Director's Cut: How To Embody The Spirit Of The Monkey For The Monkey See Trophy
Climb the rocks to the right of this tunnel and then head left towards the village (you are now above it and should be able to look down on it). You will then take another left and climb a ladder down into the campsite. Take a right and walk across the wooden beam and tightrope walk onto the roof in front of you.
Descend the roof from the side facing away from the campsite and crawl through the small opening (you will be prompted by the R2 button). Climb the ladder inside the house and on the first floor, you will see a marker for you to stand on. Go to it and press R2 to eavesdrop and hear the rest of the story.
The storyteller talks about Jin's father and his horse's armor. After Kazumasa Sakai's death, various people wore the armor until one day it was lost at sea.
Related: Ghost Of Tsushima Director's Cut: Eagle Duel Boss Guide
After hearing about the armor, you can easily sneak out by jumping back on the roof you descended from and climbing onto a ledge on the backside of the roof. Then head to Zasho Bay close by - the area is marked on your map.
Navigating The Shipwreck On Zasho Bay
Successfully traversing this area is tricky. The best piece of advice we can give you is to not try any shortcuts. You cannot simply swim your way towards the merchant ship; you have to use the other ships to maneuver your way to the horse armor.
Start by climbing the same rock formation as before except this time taking a right instead of a left. Swing from the two masts and jump to the rope below . Continue forward, walking on the two wooden beams. After the second beam, take a left and jump down below to pull down the mast with the grappling hook. Use it to swing across the water.
On the other end of the rock formation, walk across the wooden beam and jump into the water below - the wooden beam should give way automatically and you will fall without having to jump.
Swim through the hole in front of you and continue swimming straight through the shipwreck. Once on the other side take a left and swim through the other hole. On the other end of the area here is a mast you can similarly pull down.
Once that is done, start swimming back. Once you swim out from under the shipwreck from where you came, head to the right - the opposite side from where you fell into the water. There is a wrecked boat being propped up by a piece of wood . Use the grappling hook to tear it down. You should then be able to climb the boat. Ahead there are three masts you can use to swing forward.
You are now on another wrecked boat. Pull down the mast in the middle and walk across it . Then, walk across the rope to your left and jump to the rock below. Remember this specific rock, because it is where you will swim back to if you fail the next part.
Here is where things get a little trickier. Waves are smashing against the rocks in front of you. If you are on the rocks while a wave is hitting, you will be knocked into the water. If this happens, simply swim to the previously mentioned rock. To avoid the waves here, move only right after a wave crashes. If you are walking along the rope, you are safe from getting knocked down.
The boat stuck on the rock in front of you is your objective. Jump into the water and swim forward to the rock on the other side. There is a mast in the middle you can climb on but it will fall once you jump on it, so ignore it . Walk across the rope and jump to the rock and you will see a white cloth that indicates you can grapple and climb the side of the boat. Inside the boat is the horse armor.
Defending The Campsite
Once you have the armor, you return to the campsite which coincidentally comes under attack from the Mongols. Defeat the enemies on the beach either through traditional means or by using your horse charge - it comes in handy here since many of the enemies are lined up. Speak to the survivors and the residents of the camp will see that you defended them, earning you their trust.
Next: All Iki Island Memory Locations In Ghost Of Tsushima Director's Cut
How to get the Sakai Horse Armor in Ghost of Tsushima
Murder more Mongols with your horse.
- August 31, 2021
- Ghost of Tsushima Guides
Screenshot by Gamepur
Ghost of Tsushima’s Iki Island expansion is home to many new treasures to collect. Among them is a set of horse armor that’s very close to Jin Sakai’s heart, the set his father’s horse wore into battle when they were first on this island together. This armor is powerful and will be a huge benefit to you while you play through the rest of the story. This guide covers how you can get it.
How to get the Sakai Horse Armor
To get this incredible Horse Armor, you need to complete The Legacy Of Kazumasa Sakai Mythic Tale. This is a Mythic Tale you’ll hear about in the main hub on Iki Island quite early on in the expansion’s story. Follow it, and you’ll be sent to a small camp where the locals tell tales of the Sakai clan and how weak they were. Of course, Jin can’t help but lash out, and the locals kick him out before they can hear the rest of the story.
This Mythic Tale isn’t that challenging to complete. First, you need to eavesdrop on the locals while they finish their tale, then you must work your way through a traversal puzzle made up of shipwrecks in the local bay. The Sakai Horse Armor is waiting to be claimed at the end, but you’ll have to work quite hard and battle the tide as you try to get it.
Once you’ve picked the armor up, the local camp is assaulted by The Eagle’s army. Don’t try to get off your horse to battle them, there are too many soldiers. Instead, charge at them with your horse in its magnificent new armor to see just how powerful it really is.
About the author
Jamie Moorcroft-Sharp is a Staff Writer at Gamepur. He's been writing about games for ten years and has been featured in Switch Player Magazine, Lock-On, and For Gamers Magazine. He's particularly keen on working out when he isn't playing games or writing or trying to be the best dad in the world.
More Stories by Jamie Moorcroft-Sharp
- Terms of Service
- Ethics Policy
- Ownership Policy
- Corrections Policy
- Fact-Checking Policy
© 2023, Gamepur. All rights reserved
- Call of Duty
- Legend of Zelda
- About Us & Contact
- Review Policy
Ghost of Tsushima: How to Get Iki Island Horse Armor
Ghost of Tsushima’s latest expansion takes Jin Sakai to the beautiful but hostile shores of a nearby island where both raiders and Mongols alike have his name on a hit list. For that reason, it’s important Jin not only protects himself but also his trusty horse, which means reclaiming the armor worn by his father’s horse. Here’s how to get the Iki Island horse Armor in Ghost of Tsushima .
How to Get the Iki Island Horse Armor
To get the Iki Island Horse Armor you will need to take on the Mythic Tale ‘The Legacy of Kazumasa Sakai,’ which you will learn from raiders over on the eastern side of the island at Zasho Bay. You will initially be invited to sit and listen to the raider’s tale of Jin’s father, but after Jin disagrees with his version of events he is thrown out. To listen to the rest of the story requires you to sneak back into their stronghold and eavesdrop.
To sneak into the stronghold, go left from the entrance, then climb up and into the building opposite, then down a ladder. Be careful not to be seen as this is (unfortunately) a forced stealth sequence that will fail if you are spotted.
With the rest of the story now directing you to a wrecked ship off the coast, it’s time to make your way there. Climb up the cliff opposite the raider’s stronghold.
Now swing across the masts using the R2 trigger to use your grappling hook.
You’ll reach a rock cavern with a wrecked ship smashed up against a rock. Use your grappling hook to pull the mast down, then you can backtrack and use it to swing across to the next area. You will then drop into a pool of water.
Swim through the first passage, then toward a second one you can step under (pictured above). From here, you will find yet another mast to pull down. Do so, then return back to the first area you dropped into.
Locate the wrecked ship hull and use your grappling hook to pull out the support underneath so you can climb into it, up onto the cliff, and swing across on the mast you pulled down earlier. You will then find yourself on another wrecked ship.
Once again use your grappling hook to pull down the mast. This time it will fall down and create a bridge you can walk across. You can now see your objective in the distance. You will now have to jump across several small rocks, being careful not to get washed off by incoming waves.
Finally, you will end up at the ship where you can collect your prize.
As you can see above, the Sakai Horse Armor makes your horse’s new charge ability even more potent. It will now deal 50% more damage and is capable of taking out Brute enemies in a single hit.
And that does it for our how to get the Iki Island Horse Armor in Ghost of Tsushima . If you’re on the hunt for even more help, make sure check out our guide wiki.
If you have any handy tricks that you’ve discovered yourself, make sure to let us know by leaving a comment down below!
- How to Get Coldiron Armor in Season of the Malignant
- Ghost of Tsushima Legends Mode: What is It?
- How to Get Wind Armor Set In Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
- How to Get Froggy Armor in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
- How to Get the Glide Armor Set in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
About the author
Alex was a Senior Editor at Twinfinite and worked on the site between January 2017 and March 2023. He covered the ins and outs of Valorant extensively, and frequently provided expert insight into the esports scene and wider video games industry. He was a self-proclaimed history & meteorological expert, and knew about games too. Playing Games Since: 1991, Favorite Genres: RPG, Action
More Stories by Alex Gibson
- Skip to main content
- Skip to header right navigation
- Skip to site footer
Video Game News, Lists & Guides
Ghost of Tsushima: Iki Island – How To Unlock Horse Customization & Dyes | Vendor Location Guide
Unlock customization options on Iki Island by completing these quests.
There are new ways to customize in the Ghost of Tsushima: Director’s Cut — which includes the huge new Iki Island expansion . While exploring the new island, you’ll gain horse armor and can unlock a hidden vendor that can further customize it. There are two dye vendors you can unlock on Iki, and we’re going to explain how to get them both. Finding the vendors will unlock the ‘ Blood On Your Hands ‘ trophy if you buy something, so even trophy hunters have an excuse to fancy up your horse pal.
More Ghost of Tsushima guides:
10 Tips To Help You Become A Master Samurai | Beginner’s Guide | How To Get The Sly Cooper Easter Egg Trophy | Best Ghost Weapons & Tactics To Unlock First | Regen & Double Supplies Charm Locations | Origami Easter Eggs | How To Farm Unlimited Predator Hides
Dye Vendor Guide | ‘Blood On Your Hands’ Trophy
To unlock the dye vendor to customize your armor (and horse armor) with unique colors, you’ll need to unlock them. Purchasing a dye for Sakai Horse Armor from the vendor will unlock the ‘ Blood On Your Hands ‘ trophy.
- To unlock the Crimson Dye Vendor, you must complete the Hidden Cove Tournament .
The Hidden Cove Tournament is a Bokken fighting ring that unlocks as you progress through the story. The tournament is located in the cove north of Old Gambler’s Woods and west of Kitsune’s Pond. You must complete all four duels.
To earn Sakai Horse Armor , you need to complete a different quest.
- To gain the armor, travel to Zasho Bay on the east coast and complete the Mythic Tale “The Legacy of Kazumasa Sakai”.
This quest requires you to find 6 Sakai banners scattered around Iki Island. There are 30 total, but you only need these six to complete the tale.
- Banner #1 : Found beside a tree on the hill above the beach at Sentinel’s Peak , in the northeast of the island. Zoom in to the map and look for the banner in the “ ea ” of Sentinel’s Peak.
- Banner #2 : Find one on the small unnamed tributary northeast of Kitsune’s Pond . Reach the end of the stream between Lone Spirit Falls and Kemono Trail. At the pond, there’s a very tall rock. Climb to the top!
- Banner #3 : Another is found nearby at Wonderer’s Bluff . Look on the rocky ledge for a cliff path.
- Banner #4 : Go to the unnamed outpost 50/50 between Kidafure Battleground and Tatsu’s Ladder . This area is full of people — climb to the top of a tower to get this banner.
- Banner #5 : Traveling east, look for this one just north of Kemono Trail (the marker on the map), travel north of the “ Tr ” in Kemono Trail until you reach a rock wall. Pull down the loose tree with your grapple to reach the ledge with this banner.
- Banner #6 : Found in Fort Sakai , enter a tall building in the southeast of the fort. Inside, climb to the third floor (up two ladders) and you’ll find a banner in the room.
Once you find 6 Sakai Banners , the vendor will become available in Nakajima Overlook in the southeast of the island.
Share this article: Facebook Tweet LinkedIn
Ghost Of Tsushima Iki Island Armor Guide: Where to Find All The Armor
The Iki Island expansion for Ghost of Tsushima brings you a few new opportunities to deck out Jin in new gear, both from its Wind Shrines and its new Mythic Tales.
By Phil Hornshaw on August 20, 2021 at 4:48PM PDT
Ghost of Tsushima 's Iki Island content brings a whole lot of new collectibles, gear, and armor to uncover. In the armor department, Iki Island lets you deck out Jin Sakai in some great new looks, some of which change up what you can do in combat, and some of which just make you look awesome while slashing through Mongols.
Here's a full rundown of all the armor you can find on Iki Island and how to claim it, whether its from secret Wind Shrines or the more-involved Mythic Tales. For more help finding all the things Ghost of Tsushima's new content has to offer, check out our full roundup of Iki Island guides .
Armor Of The Colossus
You can find the Shadow of the Colossus-themed Armor of the Colossus at the Shrine in Shadow, located near the southern coast of Iki, in the Buddha's Footprints region. The location is a big Shadow of the Colossus Easter egg, and you'll have to solve the riddle found within the shrine to unlock the armor.
Check out our Shrine in Shadow guide for more help unlocking the Armor of the Colossus.
Ghost Of Sparta Armor
The Ghost of Sparta Armor, which plays homage to God of War protagonist Kratos, is found in the Shrine of Ash near the east coast of Iki Island. The shrine is a callback to the 2018 God of War, and you'll find that the riddle in the shrine is all about Kratos and his son Atreus.
Use our Shrine of Ash guide to help you unlock the Ghost of Sparta armor.
Yarnham Vestments Armor
Head to the Blood-Stained Shrine near the west coast of Iki Island to find the Yarnham Vestments Armor. Both the suit and the shrine are based on Bloodborne, and specifically call up Eileen the Crow, one of the Hunters you meet during the course of the game.
Head to our Blood-Stained Shrine guide for assistance in solving its riddle and unlocking the Yarnham Vestments Armor.
You can unlock the Sarugami Armor by completing the Black Hand Riki Mythic Tale. To get access to it, continue through Iki Island's main quest until Tenzo brings you to Fune's Refuge for the first time. Once you're there, listen to the storyteller in town to hear the legend of Black Hand Riki, a fearsome pirate. That'll put you on the path to find the armor, which Black Hand Riki buried with his treasure after the mutiny that led to his death.
The quest will send you to find another survivor of Riki's crew, who will direct you to find a hidden cave where the water glows. Wait at the camp where you find the survivor until it's dark, then make your way to the northeast shore of Iki Island and look for glowing water. Eventually, make your way to the northern shore of Thunderhead Cliffs and look for a cave.
Venture through it and you'll complete the tale, claiming the Sarugami Armor for yourself. The monkey-themed armor encourages you to take more risks, but rewards you for doing so. It disables your standard parry ability, but gives you two counter-attacks for every Perfect Parry you land, while your Perfect Dodge damages any enemy nearby.
Sakai Horse Armor
In Zasho Bay on the east coast of Iki Island, you'll find a group of refugees camping in a large shipwreck. One tells the story of Kazumasa Sakai--Jin's father--and his fearsome, legendary horse. As you start to listen to the tale, Jin will reveal his true identity and get himself kicked out of the camp, forcing you to sneak back in to hear the rest of the storyteller's yarn. That'll kick off the Mythic Tale called The Kazumasa Sakai, which sends you to find Kazumasa's horse armor on a nearby shipwreck.
This is a fairly easy Mythic Tale to complete. Head south and climb out onto the shipwrecks in the cove nearby. Make your way out to the furthest ship, being careful to avoid the waves crashing on the rocks and wrecks--if they hit you, they'll sweep you into the ocean, forcing you to find a place to climb back up onto the wrecks again.
When you reach the final ship, you can claim the Kazai Horse Armor for your steed. The armor makes your horse charge move more powerful, while making it a lot tougher for enemies to knock you off your horse.
Claiming the Sakai Horse Armor and the Sarugami Armor will get you the Treasures of the Past Trophy as well.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email [email protected]
- Leave Blank
Join the conversation
Use your keyboard!
Log in to comment
All Interactive Maps and Locations
Armor guide - armor locations and upgrades.
While there are many types of cosmetic Vanity Gear in Ghost of Tsushima, Jin can collect and equip several types of Armor that provide significant and upgrade-able bonuses. The armor you equip can heavily influence your playstyle, and while some armor is gained over the course of the story, others can only be found by undertaking certain Mythic Tale side quests and objectives.
Below you'll find a list of all types of Armor that you can find in the game, where to find them, and the properties that can be upgraded - as well as different applicable armor dyes you can get for them.
List of Armor
The white and black dye merchants.
There are two unique merchants hiding in the island of Tsushima who have entirely unique armor and bow dyes from any other merchant you will encounter - and can be hard to track down.
The White Dye Merchant is located in upper Kashine prefecture of the Izuhara region, found along a mountain called Wanderer's Pass on the map, north of Kashine Forest. Take the roads west along the peak to find his home nestled in the back.
The Black Dye Merchant is located in the northeast section of the Kushi Prefecture of the Toyotama region, in a cave up in the hills just east of Kawamata Village along a dirt road.
- Location: Default Armor
The Broken Armor is the default armor that you start the game with after and during the events of the Prologue . Unlike all other armor you can obtain, this armor provides no bonuses, cannot be upgraded, nor can it be dyed any other color.
It's highly recommended you swap out of this armor as early as possible, either by taking on main quests or by getting the Traveler's Attire.
- Location: Given by any Merchant upon first encounter
The Traveler's Attire is a special exploration-focused armor that you can find soon after completing the Prologue . Unlike other armor you find, the Traveler's Attire is given as a gift by speaking to any Merchant in the game for the first time. This includes any Merchant found at any of the Survivor Camps, liberated mongol forts, or Hiyoshi Springs.
While it does not provide any combat bonuses, it does allow you to track certain collectibles you encounter, and can also track points of interest if you invest in Exploration Techniques. It's base abilities include:
- Track Artifacts with the Guiding Wind
- Traveling clears 10% more fog of war on the map
- Controller will vibrate when within 10m of an Artifact
Samurai Clan Armor
- Location: Speak to the Golden Temple Armorer during The Tale of Lady Masako quest.
The Samurai Clan Armor is a melee combat-focused armor that you can obtain during Act 1 's story. This armor cannot be missed as it is part of a main story quest, The Tale of Lady Masako . After exploring the Adachi estate and meeting with Lady Masako, she will send you into Golden Temple to talk to the armorer, where you will get the armor for free.
Once belonging to one of Lady Masako's sons, the Samurai Clan Armor is a tried and true set of gear that is well suited to any combat situation, as it both increases health and decreases damage taken. It's base abilities include:
- Reduces all damage by a moderate amount.
- Moderate increase to health
- Taking damage grants 15% Resolve
- Location: Given by Ryuzo upon the completion main quest Blood on the Grass .
The Ronin Attire is hybrid melee and stealth-focused armor that you can obtain during Act 1 's story. This armor, like the Samurai Clan Armor, cannot be missed as it is given during one of the main story quests, Blood on the Grass . After meeting and fighting Mongols with Ryuzo, leader of the Straw Hat Ronin, follow him back to his base and open a chest to gain the armor.
Worn by those without masters, the Ronin Attire excels at offense and stealth, as it enhances your ability to sneak up on foes - especially in the white tall pampas grass, and dispatch those you are unable to assassinate with increased damage. It's base abilities include:
- Reduces enemy detection speed by 10%
- Increases melee damage by 15%
- Enemies will detect you much slower after leaving pampas grass while crouched.
- Location: Accept the Mythic Tale quest - The Legend of Tadayori , at a small camp below Rustling Bend in the Azamo prefecture, and locate Tadayori's Rest to find his armor.
The Tadayori's Armor is a ranged-focused armor that you can find via an optional Mythic Tale in the Izuhara region starting in Act 1 . After hearing about a musician at a unmarked camp near Rustling Bend, follow the clues in The Legend of Tadayori quest to reach the "Violet Crown" in the Azamo prefecture, and find the armor stashed on the cliffs above the Azamo Bay village.
The armor of a legendary archer, Tadayori's Armor is perfect for ranged fighting, as it will bolster your ability to shoot more arrows at enemy at a much more rapid pace, and will enhance your Concentration technique. It's base abilities include:
- Increases nocking and reloading speed by 15%
- Increases total Concentration time by 1 second
- Headshots restore 25% of the Concentration meter
Sakai Clan Armor
- Location: Complete the main quest Ghosts from the Past in the Kubara prefecture in the northwest area of the Toyotama Region.
The Sakai Clan Armor is the ancestral armor of Jin's lineage, last worn by his late father, and has now passed down to him. It is as intimidating as it is powerful, and can be found early on in Act 2 , as long as you decide to take on the furthest of the main quests early.
The armor is very melee-focused, with the added bonus of allowing you to challenge more enemies to a face-off, and increasing your streak bonus even further when upgraded. It's base abilities include:
- Moderate increase to melee damage
- Increase Standoff streak by 1, and winning has a 10% chance to terrify nearby enemies.
- Location Found: Complete the Mythic Tale, The Unbreakable Gosaku that begins in Akashima Village, and collect 6 keys to unlock the path to this armor in the Akashima Prefecture of Toyotama
The Gosaku's Armor is a legendary samurai armor with impressive defense, but can only be unlocked after liberating six different farmsteads across both the Izuhara and Toyotama regions of Tsushima - which you will be alerted to after starting Act 2 . After getting 6 keys from the villagers, you can return to a large peak to the east of the Old Togo Rice Fields to find the path up the cliff to get the armor.
Gosaku's Armor is a very melee-focused armor, with a focus on destroying the defenses of enemies and staggering them to break their guards. It's base abilities include:
- Grants a moderate increase to health
- Grants a moderate increase to Stagger damage
- Restores 10% health on killing a staggered enemy
- Location Found: Obtained by completing the Mythic Tale, The Six Blades of Kojiro , starting in Umugi Cove, and completing all five duels across Toyotama to fight Kojiro for the armor.
The Kensei armor is a stealth and melee-focused armor that you can find in Act 2 in the Toyotama region, by completing a Mythic Tale that starts in the Umugi Prefecture. The quest will lead you on a chase across the region to face off against 5 assassins, culminating in a duel in a cave behind a monastery in the Kubara region to gain the armor.
The armor is very skill based, and increases your prowess with Ghost weaponry and resolve gain to make the most of your techniques. It's base abilities include:
- Increase Resolve gains by 15%.
- Ghost Weapon damage increased by 15%.
- Striking enemies with Ghost Weapons cause them to deal 25% less damage, and take 25% more damage.
Mongol Commander's Armor
- Location Found: Obtained by completing the Side Mission, Fit for the Khan , found in Act 3 after completing the Wolves at the Gate mission. It's located in Jogaku Temple.
The Mongol Commander's armor is perfect to become a human shield, increasing Jin's health and reducing damage by a large amount. You can find the armor in Act 3 in the Jogaku region by completing Fit for the Khan . The quest will lead you on a chase across the region to liberate four mongol camps, retrieving one piece of the armor in each. Once you're done, the armor (who was supposed to be delivered to the Khan himself) will be yours.
Along with increasing your health and defense, it will also serve as disguise when you are out of combat, reducing Mongol detection speed by a large margin.
- Major increase to health.
- Reduces all damage by a Major amount.
- Disguises you while out of combat, massively reducing Mongol detection speed.
As a caveat, the Mongol Commander's armor cannot be upgraded.
- Location Found: Obtained by completing the main mission From The Darkness , which takes place at the end of Act 2 .
The Ghost armor is a stealth and ghost skills focused armor that you can find in the end of Act 2 with the From The Darkness mission. Yes, this is the armor you've seen in Ghost of Tsushima's official art, and it's perfect for those who want to fight dishonorably, using the Ghost Stance as much as possible, staying in the shadows, and terrifying enemies.
This armor set is perfect for those who prefer to play quietly, causing fear on enemies and remaining undetected for longer.
- Reduces enemy detection speed by 25%.
- Reduces the number of kills needed to enter the Ghost Stance by 1.
- Kills have a 15% chance to Terrify a nearby enemy.
Up Next: Charm Guide - List of Major and Minor Charms
Top guide sections.
- Things to Do First
- Tips and Tricks
- Things Ghost of Tsushima Doesn't Tell You
Was this guide helpful?
In this guide.
Follow Polygon online:
- Follow Polygon on Twitter
- Follow Polygon on Facebook
- Follow Polygon on Youtube
- Follow Polygon on Instagram
- Best weapons
- How to build an outpost
- Mantis puzzle
- Where to buy Ship Parts
- Best armor and spacesuits
- Best planets for outposts
- Best traits
- Where to sell contraband
- All Starfield guides
- What to Watch
- What to Play
- All Entertainment
- Baldur’s Gate 3
- Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
- Pokémon Scarlet / Violet
- All Reviews
- Buyer’s Guides
- Galaxy Brains
- All Podcasts
Ghost of Tsushima armor guide
Find and learn the effects of each piece of armor
Share this story
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on Twitter
- Share All sharing options
Share All sharing options for: Ghost of Tsushima armor guide
In Ghost of Tsushima , Jin can find and equip several armor sets. Each outfit offers different bonuses, like increasing his melee damage, decreasing the damage he takes, and even making him a better archer.
In Polygon’s Ghost of Tsushima armor guide, we’ll show you where to find all 11 armor sets and explain what each set does and when you’ll want to equip them.
[ Warning : This guide contains potential spoilers for Ghost of Tsushima , because some armor sets only appear late in the game and mention secret abilities.]
Table of contents
Where do you get it?
After the game’s opening battle, Jin wakes up in this armor. You can’t miss it.
What does it do for you?
The Broken Armor offers no bonuses and is purely cosmetic.
Samurai Clan Armor
You’ll get the Samurai Clan Armor during the main story mission “The Tale of Lady Masako” in Act 1.
The Samurai Clan Armor is designed for fighting because it reduces damage and increases health. It also offers the following effects at max level:
- Reduces all damage by a Major amount
- Massive increase to health
- Taking damage grants 30% Resolve
You’ll pick up the Traveler’s Attire from the first merchant you speak to, early in Act 1.
The Traveler’s Attire doesn’t offer any combat bonuses. Instead, its traits help you clear the fog of war and reveal more of the map and find collectibles. It offers the following effects at max level:
- Track Artifacts with the Guiding Wind
- Traveling clears 30% more fog of war on the map
- Controller will vibrate when within 60m of an Artifact
You get Tadayori’s armor from “ The Legend of Tadayori Mythic Tale ” in Act 1.
Tadayori’s Armor is best for bow users, because it increases Jin’s nocking and reload speed, increases Concentration, and offers the following effects at max level:
- Increases nocking and reload speed by 30%
- Increases total Concentration time by 2 seconds
- Headshots restore 50% of the Concentration meter
You’ll get the Ronin Armor during the “Blood on the Grass” mission near the start of Act 1.
The Ronin Attire is an all-purpose armor set for damage and stealth, sacrificing defense. Think of it as Jin’s stealth armor. It offers the following effects at max level:
- Reduces enemy detection speed by 20%
- 30% increase to Melee damage
- After leaving pampas grass while crouched, enemies will be significantly slower to detect you
You’ll earn Gosaku’s Armor by completing “ The Unbreakable Gosaku Mythic Tale ” in Act 2.
Gosaku’s Armor is great for fighting large groups of tough enemies because of its bonuses to health and the Stagger Damage that Jin inflicts. It offers the following effects at max level:
- Major increase to Stagger Damage
- Killing a Staggered enemy restores 20% of health
Sakai Clan Armor
You’ll pick up the Sakai Clan Armor during the “Ghosts from the Past” story mission in Act 2.
The Sakai Clan Armor offers both offensive and defensive traits for melee battles, and its upgrades increase the number of enemies that Jin can kill during Standoffs. It offers the following effects at max level:
- Major increase to Melee damage
- Increase the Standoff Streak by 2. Winning a Standoff has a 25% chance to Terrify nearby enemies.
You’ll get the Kensei Armor when you complete “ The Six Blades of Kojiro Mythic Tale ” in Act 2.
The Kensei Armor is best for Ghost Weapon users, and it offers the following effects at max level:
- 30% increase to Resolve gains
- Ghost Weapons deal 30% more damage
- Striking an enemy with a Ghost Weapon causes that enemy to deal 50% less damage and receive 50% more damage
You’ll get the Ghost Armor during the “From the Darkness” story mission in Act 2.
The Ghost Armor is all about stealth and terrifying enemies. It offers the following effects at max level:
- Reduces enemy detection speed by 40%
- Reduces the number of kills needed to enter the Ghost Stance by 2
- Kills have a 30% chance to Terrify a nearby enemy
Mongol Commander’s Armor
You’ll get the Mongol Commander’s Armor from the “Fit for a Khan” side quest in Act 3.
The Mongol Commander’s Armor is best for defensive players, and it offers the following effects at max level:
- Major increase to health
- Disguises you while out of combat, massively reducing Mongol detection speed
You’ll automatically unlock the Fundoshi after visiting all 18 Hot Springs in Ghost of Tsushima .
The Fundoshi offers only one bonus effect:
- Running and sprinting no longer create noise
Outside of the Fundoshi, all of these armor sets come from a single mission or source.
Ghost of Tsushima guides and walkthroughs
- Ghost of Tsushima beginner’s guide and tips
- Stealth build and tips
- How to increase your Legend
- How to use the Guiding Wind
- Yellow bird guide
- How to liberate the island and unlock all locations
- Map exploration locations and rewards
- Where to find vanity gear and cosmetics
- Where to find flowers
- Finding haiku locations and headbands
- Ghost of Tsushima Trophy guide
- Ghost of Tsushima standoff guide
- Ghost of Tsushima stance guide
- The Heavenly Strike walkthrough
- The Curse of Uchitsune walkthrough
- The Legend of Tadayori walkthrough
- The Unbreakable Gosaku walkthrough
- The Spirit of Yarikawa’s Vengeance walkthrough
- The Six Blades of Kojiro walkthrough
- The Undying Flame walkthrough
- Iki Island map and collectible locations
- Izuhara collectibles
- Izuhara liberation locations
- Toyotama liberation locations
- Kamiagata liberation locations
- Bamboo Strike map locations
- Lighthouse locations
- Haiku map locations
- Hot Spring map locations
- Inari Shrine map locations
- Shinto Shrine map locations
- Master Liberator Trophy guide, maps, and locations
Sign up for the newsletter Patch Notes
A weekly roundup of the best things from Polygon
Just one more thing!
Please check your email to find a confirmation email, and follow the steps to confirm your humanity.
Oops. Something went wrong. Please enter a valid email and try again.
Sign up for the newsletter Sign up for Patch Notes
Armor | ghost of tsushima wiki.
- Create new page
- Recent Changes
- Edit Open Graph
- Clear page cache
- Clear comments cache
- File Manager
- Page Manager
- Wiki Templates
- Comments Approval
- Wiki Settings
- Wiki Manager
Armor in Ghost of Tsushima (GoT) grants defensive properties and customizes Jin's playstyle, as well as his appearance. Players can equip various types of armor, such as equipping light armor will allow Jin to play as a stealthy ninja and makes his movements light and fast. While choosing to wear medium to heavy armor grants higher defense properties but projects heavy but slow attacks. Armor is divided into three categories: Helms which are head armors that consist of hats, baskets, hoods, and helmets. Masks which conceals Jin's face, and Body Armor. This page covers a list of all the armor that can be found in the game.
Ghost of Tsushima Armor
Samurai armor that has been damaged beyond repair.
Perfect for those with a long journey ahead.
Worn by those who live and die by the bow and the blade
Samurai Clan Armor
Sturdy armor that once belonged to a son of Lady Masako
Armor that once belonged to the legendary archer Tadayori
Sakai Clan Armor
For the leader of the Sakai clan. Previously worn by Jin's father, Kazumasa Sakai
Belonged to a Straw Hat infamous for his cunning and deception
Armor worn by Gosaku, defender of Tushima's farmers
A gift from Taka to enhance the tactics of the Ghost... And a good friend's final creation
Mongol Commander's Armor
Armor specially designed to be worn by Khotun Khan
"A true samurai needs no clothes."
-Jin Sakai after too much sake
Deadly Rival's Attire
Worn by Ruzo.
Archery Master's Attire
Worn by Sensei Ishikawa.
Imbued witht the power of a fearsome monkey spirit, pushing its owner to embrace risk and danger.
- Recent Changes +
- File Manager +
- Page Manager +
- Create Wiki +
- ⇈ Back to top ⇈
- Edit source
- View history
Armor consists of body armor, headgear and masks that Jin Sakai can wear throughout the game. There are a total of 14 (formerly 15) armor sets, 53 headbands, 32 hats, 16 helmets, 40 half masks, and 9 full masks which can be acquired. It should be noted that only armor sets will provide Jin with different abilities and perks; all other gear is purely cosmetic. The different armor equipped favors the style of gameplay – for example, archery fans might prefer Tadayori's Armor and fans of stand-offs might prefer the Sakai Clan Armor.
Every set of armor, besides the Broken Armor , Deadly Rival's Attire , and Archery Master's Attire can be upgraded to enhance the abilities they provide. Furthermore, each upgradeable set of armor, besides the Ronin Attire , Fundoshi , Mongol Commander's Armor , and Hero of Tsushima Armor will change in appearance upon being upgraded. It should be noted that after the third level has been achieved, further upgrades will no longer alter the appearance of the outfit, but the armor can be changed to it's previous appearance prior to the upgrade.
- 1 Armor Sets
- 2.1 Headbands
- 2.2 Helmets
- 3.1 Full Masks
- 5.1 Broken Armor
- 5.2 Fundoshi
- 5.3 Ghost Armor
- 5.4 Gosaku's Armor
- 5.5 Kensei Armor
- 5.6 Ronin Attire
- 5.7 Sakai Clan Armor
- 5.8 Samurai Clan Armor
- 5.9 Sarugami Armor
- 5.10 Tadayori's Armor
- 5.11 Traveler's Attire
- 5.12 Mongol Commander's Armor
- 7 References
Armor Sets [ ]
- Broken Armor (Default)
- Fundoshi (Complete all 20 Hot Springs )
- Ghost Armor (Received during From the Darkness )
- Gosaku's Armor (Received during The Unbreakable Gosaku )
- Hero of Tsushima Armor (Digital Deluxe Edition/Upgrade)
- Kensei Armor (Received during The Six Blades of Kojiro )
- Mongol Commander's Armor ( Fit for the Khan )
- Ronin Attire (Received during Blood on the Grass )
- Sakai Clan Armor (Received during Ghosts from the Past )
- Samurai Clan Armor (Received during The Tale of Lady Masako )
- Tadayori's Armor (Received during The Legend of Tadayori )
- Traveler's Attire (Gift from first Merchant you meet after the Prologue )
- Deadly Rival's Attire ( Baku the Voiceless : 50 Ghost Flowers , New Game+ )
- Archery Master's Attire ( Baku the Voiceless : 25 Ghost Flowers , New Game+ )
- Sarugami Armor (Received during The Legend of Black Hand Riku )
Headgear [ ]
Headbands [ ].
- Aozora Headband (Behind Sensei Ishikawa's Dojo )
- Band of the Second Son (On top of the pagoda at Omi Monastery )
- Clear Summer Headband (Reward for completing The End of Suffering )
- Chaos Headband (Reward for completing This Threefold World )
- Chikurin Headband (On an abandoned boat south of River Child’s Wetlands in Tsutsu)
- Crooked Kama Headband (On top of the pagoda at Jogaku Temple )
- Eye of the Explorer (East of Old Gambler's Wood , Shattered Cliffs - On the corpse of a raider)
- Fierce Warrior's Headband ( Izuhara Merchants : 5 Flowers)
- Flight of the Dragon
- Forgemaster's Headband (On top of the Swordsmith building at Komatsu Forge )
- Ghost Headband (Received during From the Darkness )
- Gosaku's Headband (Received during The Unbreakable Gosaku )
- Gyozen's Blindfold (Watchtower near Kubara Lighthouse )
- Headband of Acceptance
- Headband of Death (Tsutsu Haiku)
- Headband of Defeat (Komoda Haiku)
- Headband of Fear (Kashine Haiku)
- Headband of Hope (Sago Haiku)
- Headband of the Invasion (Azamo Haiku)
- Headband of Peace (Hiyoshi Haiku)
- Headband of Perseverance (Umugi Haiku)
- Headband of Preservation (Kushi Haiku)
- Headband of Rebirth (Kubara Haiku)
- Headband of Refuge (Ariake Haiku)
- Headband of Regret (Wisteria Haiku)
- Headband of Ruin (Kin Haiku)
- Headband of Serenity (Hiyoshi Springs Haiku)
- Headband of Solace
- Headband of Strength (Jogaku Haiku)
- Headband of Strife (Komatsu Haiku)
- Headband of Survival (Otsuna Haiku)
- Headband of Uncertainty (Akashima Haiku)
- Healer's Headband (Second floor of the burnt pagoda at Akashima Village )
- Hinode Headband ( Izuhara Merchants : 5 Flowers)
- Kensei Headband (Received during The Six Blades of Kojiro )
- Kyoto Twilight Headband ( Izuhara Merchants : 5 Flowers)
- Natural Vengeance Headband (On top of Ariake Lighthouse )
- Nature's Rhythm (In a chest on Nakajima Island )
- Night Ocean Headband ( Toyotama Merchants : 5 Flowers)
- Noble Fighter's Headband (Reward for completing Ghosts in the Fog )
- Petals' Caress
- Plum Blossom Headband (On top of the pagoda at Kushi Temple )
- Plumes of Plenty ( Iki Merchants : 5 Flowers)
- Prowling Tiger
- Pure Intent Headband ( White Dye Merchant : 20 Flowers)
- Raider Captain's Headband (Reward for completing Massacre at Kidafure Village )
- Ripping Crane (Inside the box that appears when you bow at the sign at the bottom of Tatsu's Ladder )
- Sago Blue Headband (On top of the pagoda at Cedar Temple )
- Serpent Strike Headband ( Toyotama Merchants : 5 Flowers)
- Sign of the Hunter (Complete the Forbidden Shrine )
- Sly Dealer ( Iki Merchants : 5 Flowers)
- Tora Headband ( Toyotama Merchants : 5 Flowers)
- Warrior's Sunset Headband (On top of the pagoda at the Golden Temple )
- White Headband (Default)
- Yamaneko's Eyepatch (On Yamaneko's course, in the water south of Shattered Cliffs , after Bloodletting )
Helmets [ ]
- Gosaku's Helmet - Improved
- Gosaku's Helmet - Refined
- Hero of Tsushima Helmet (Digital Deluxe Edition/Upgrade)
- Mongol Helmet (Received during Fit for the Khan )
- Samurai Clan Helmet - Refined
- Sakai Clan Helmet - Improved
- Sakai Clan Helmet - Refined
- Sarugami Helmet - Improved
- Sarugami Helmet - Refined
- Helm of War (Complete the Shrine of Ash )
- Helm of the Lower World
- Raider Helmet (Inside the box the appears when you play the flute in front of the sign on top of Mount Takenotsuji )
- Betrayer's Hat (Received during Shadow of the Samurai )
- Bowman's Straw Hat (Reward for completing The Art of Seeing )
- Crimson Blood Straw Hat ( Crimson Dye Merchant : 20 Flowers)
- Farmer's Straw Hat ( Toyotama Merchants : 20 Flowers)
- Kensei Hat - Improved
- Kensei Hat - Refined
- Northern Farmer's Hat ( Kamiagata Merchants : 20 Flowers)
- Oni's Blade Straw Hat (Northeast of Kuta Farmstead , near the water wheel)
- Patchwork Straw Hat ( Izuhara Merchants : 20 Flowers)
- Raider Jinsasa Hat (Inside a small cave, south of Fune's Refuge )
- Riverbed Straw Hat (House north of Kushi Temple )
- Sugi's Kasa Hat (Return to Thieves Rest Village after Bloodletting )
- Tadayori's Hat - Improved
- Tadayori's Hat - Refined
- Tengai (Northwest of Jogaku Temple Lake in between 2 graves)
- Toyotama Straw Hat (Cemetery near Yoshinaka Bay )
- Wanderer's Straw Hat (Near a cart south of Winding Mountain Shrine )
- Sword Master's Straw Hat
- Genbu Straw Hat
- Ashen Straw Hat
- Wood Spirit Straw Hat (West of Marsh Rock Shrine )
- Yharnam Helm (Complete the Blood-Stained Shrine )
- Shadow Tengai ( Baku the Voiceless : 5 Ghost Flowers, New Game+)
- Dark Betrayer's Hat ( Baku the Voiceless : 5 Ghost Flowers, New Game+)
- Bloodstained Betrayer's Hat ( Baku the Voiceless : 5 Ghost Flowers, New Game+)
- Koi Straw Hat ( Baku the Voiceless : 5 Ghost Flowers, New Game+)
- Kitsune Straw Hat ( Baku the Voiceless : 5 Ghost Flowers, New Game+)
- Bone White Straw Hat ( Baku the Voiceless : 5 Ghost Flowers, New Game+)
- Mosaic Straw Hat ( Baku the Voiceless : 5 Ghost Flowers, New Game+)
- Graceful Marsh Straw Hat ( Baku the Voiceless : 5 Ghost Flowers, New Game+)
- Adachi Half Mask (Reward for completing The Sister Betrayed )
- Avenging Lord (Gift Altar)
- Brutal Bandit (Gift Altar)
- Conqueror's Mask (Received during Fit for the Khan )
- Ghost Mask (Received during From the Darkness )
- Glowering Warrior (Gift Altar)
- Gosaku's Visage (Received during The Unbreakable Gosaku )
- Guardian's Scowl (Gift Altar)
- Haunted Dreams (Gift Altar)
- Hero of Tsushima (Digital Deluxe Edition/Upgrade)
- Ivory of Woe ( Kubara Crossing – to the left of the front door)
- Kijin's Blood (Gift Altar)
- Nasu Baba's Wrath (Gift Altar)
- Purity of War (Complete all 7 Mythic Tales )
- Sacred Mountain Messenger (Complete all 16 Bamboo Strikes )
- Sakai Half Mask
- Samurai Clan Mask (Upgrade the Samurai Clan Armor to Rank II)
- Sarugami's Maw (Received during The Legend of Black Hand Riku )
- Spartan (Complete the Shrine of Ash )
- Savage Fury ( Crimson Dye Merchant : 5 Flowers)
- Seiryuu's Glare ( Sago Mill – inside a large barn)
- Shattered Mask of Tomoe ( Laid to Rest )
- Skeletal Vengeance ( Stonecutter's Village )
- Snows of Kamiagata (Gift Altar)
- Thief's Wrap (Gift Altar)
- Venerable Spirit (Gift Altar)
- Wolf of Tsushima (Complete all 49 Inari Shrines )
- Trickster Wolf ( Baku the Voiceless : 5 Ghost Flowers, New Game+)
- Beast of Prey ( Baku the Voiceless : 5 Ghost Flowers, New Game+)
- Midnight Snarl ( Baku the Voiceless : 5 Ghost Flowers, New Game+)
- Jade Elder ( Baku the Voiceless : 5 Ghost Flowers, New Game+)
- Ancient Dragon ( Baku the Voiceless : 5 Ghost Flowers, New Game+)
- Majestic Samurai Clan Mask ( Baku the Voiceless : 5 Ghost Flowers, New Game+)
- Timeworn Oni ( Baku the Voiceless : 5 Ghost Flowers, New Game+)
- Ocean of Blood ( Baku the Voiceless : 5 Ghost Flowers, New Game+)
- Adachi Dragon Mask ( Baku the Voiceless : 5 Ghost Flowers, New Game+)
- Sarugami's Wrath ( Baku the Voiceless : 5 Ghost Flowers, New Game+)
- Elegant Ghost Mask ( Baku the Voiceless : 5 Ghost Flowers, New Game+)
- Tomoe's Darkness (Complete Jin's Journey , New Game+)
Full Masks [ ]
- Demonic Archer's Mask (Behind the waterfall at Kitsune's Pond )
- Hashihime Mask ( Crimson Dye Merchant : 20 Flowers)
- Kiba Fudo Mask ( Black Dye Merchant : 20 Flowers)
- Mask of the Colossus (Complete the Shrine in Shadow )
- Mask of the Eagle (Liberate all 6 Mongol Bases in Iki )
- Nekoma's Scowl (Inside a box at the north-most point of Barrier Cove )
- Tribal Terror (Received during Lightning in the Storm )
- Tsurimanako Mask ( White Dye Merchant : 20 Flowers)
- White Kitsune Mask (Visit Uta's house and retell the Legend of The Fire Spirits of Yarikawa )
Upgrades [ ]
Upgrading armor sets increases various stats and changes the visual look. While in the menu, the player can choose any 3 versions of a particular armor set by pressing triangle - the upgraded stats remain the same.
The following armor cannot be upgraded until New Game+: Fundoshi, Hero of Tsushima and Mongol Commander's Armor. All other armor sets can be upgraded with the following resources:
Armor Dye Kits [ ]
Armor dye kits are either awarded for completion of a quest or can be purchased from various Merchants for 10 Flowers each. Dye kits are for cosmetic purposes only and do not provide any bonuses, stats or techniques. The Hero of Tsushima Armor has no dyes, beyond the default
Broken Armor [ ]
- Dark Survivor ( Baku the Voiceless : 10 Ghost Flowers, New Game+)
Fundoshi [ ]
- Fundoshi (Defult)
- Fancy Fundoshi ( Baku the Voiceless : 10 Ghost Flowers, New Game+)
Ghost Armor [ ]
- Executioner's Penance (Default)
- Golden Retribution ( Kamiagata Merchants : 10 Flowers)
- Shadow of Justice ( Black Dye Merchant : 10 Flowers)
- Righteous Punishment (Chose "Kill" during The Tale of Lord Shimura )
- Vow of Vengeance (Chose "Spare" during The Tale of Lord Shimura )
- Ghost Transcendent (Platinum Trophy)
- Avenging Spring ( Baku the Voiceless : 10 Ghost Flowers, New Game+)
- Armor of the Colossus (Complete the Shrine in Shadow )
Gosaku's Armor [ ]
- Sunset Defender (Default)
- Island Bulwark ( White Dye Merchant : 10 Flowers)
- Ocean's Guardian ( Toyotama Merchants : 10 Flowers)
- Sunrise Dominion ( Toyotama Merchants : 10 Flowers)
- Unwavering Mountain ( Black Dye Merchant : 10 Flowers)
- Bright Defender ( Baku the Voiceless : 10 Ghost Flowers, New Game+)
Kensei Armor [ ]
- River Serpent (Default)
- Dark Promise ( Black Dye Merchant : 10 Flowers)
- Ominous Dawn ( Izuhara Merchants : 10 Flowers)
- Pure Reckoning ( White Dye Merchant : 10 Flowers)
- Woodland Omen ( Izuhara Merchants : 10 Flowers)
- Duel of Lights ( Baku the Voiceless : 10 Ghost Flowers, New Game+)
- Sanguine Autumn ( Baku the Voiceless : 10 Ghost Flowers, New Game+)
- Deadly Rival's Attire ( Baku the Voiceless : 10 Ghost Flowers, New Game+)
- Yharnam Vestments (Complete the Blood-Stained Shrine )
Ronin Attire [ ]
- Storm Walker (Default)
- Amber Assassin ( Toyotama Merchants : 10 Flowers)
- Dark Forest Hunter ( Izuhara Merchants : 10 Flowers)
- Lethal Aristocrat ( Toyotama Merchants : 10 Flowers)
- Moonlight Slayer ( White Dye Merchant : 10 Flowers)
- Noble Wanderer ( Izuhara Merchants : 10 Flowers)
- Pale Bladesman ( Kamiagata Merchants : 10 Flowers)
- Refined Predator ( Toyotama Merchants : 10 Flowers)
- Seaside Duel ( Kamiagata Merchants : 10 Flowers)
- Shinano River Prowler ( Izuhara Merchants : 10 Flowers)
- Tireless Stalker ( Kamiagata Merchants : 10 Flowers)
- True Seeker ( Izuhara Merchants : 10 Flowers)
- Twilight Strider ( Toyotama Merchants : 10 Flowers)
- The Eagle's Chosen (Found inside a chest in Fort Sakai after The Lightning in the Storm )
Sakai Clan Armor [ ]
- Kazumasa's Darkness (Default)
- Ancestral Force ( Toyotama Merchants : 10 Flowers)
- Blood of the Clan ( Toyotama Merchants : 10 Flowers)
- Light of Victory ( Toyotama Merchants : 10 Flowers)
- Lord of Night ( Black Dye Merchant : 10 Flowers)
- Legacy of Guardians ( Baku the Voiceless : 10 Ghost Flowers, New Game+)
- Oceanic Valor ( Baku the Voiceless : 10 Ghost Flowers, New Game+)
- Jin From Yarikawa (Received at the end of Journey into the Past )
- Ghost of Sparta ( Shrine of Ash )
Samurai Clan Armor [ ]
- Spring Lion (Default)
- Immaculate Warrior ( Izuhara Merchants : 10 Flowers)
- Seasons of War (Reward for completing The Conspirator )
- Warrior's Bounty (Reward for completing The Traitor )
- Warrior's Darkness ( Toyotama Merchants : 10 Flowers)
- Endless Wrath ( Crimson Dye Merchant : 10 Flowers)
- Unburdened Heart (Reward for completing The Blessing of Death )
- Raw Courage ( Crimson Dye Merchant : 10 Flowers)
Sarugami Armor [ ]
- Riku's Gambit (Default)
- Crimson Victory ( Crimson Dye Merchant : 10 Flowers)
- Wind Kami's Breath ( Iki Merchants : 10 Flowers)
- Monkey Eye ( Black Dye Merchant : 10 Flowers)
- Snowy Macaque ( White Dye Merchant : 10 Flowers)
Tadayori's Armor [ ]
- Noble Talon (Default)
- Autumn Victory ( Izuhara Merchants : 10 Flowers)
- Hunter at Dusk ( Black Dye Merchant : 10 Flowers)
- Relentless Hawk ( Izuhara Merchants : 10 Flowers)
- Summer Ocean ( Izuhara Merchants : 10 Flowers)
- Flowers of War ( Baku the Voiceless : 10 Ghost Flowers, New Game+)
- Archery Master's Attire ( Baku the Voiceless : 10 Ghost Flowers, New Game+)
- Seeker's Attire (Complete the Forbidden Shrine )
Traveler's Attire [ ]
- Indigo Explorer (Default)
- Adventurer's Fortune ( Izuhara Merchants : 10 Flowers)
- Fiery Searcher ( Izuhara Merchants : 10 Flowers)
- Graceful Pathfinder ( White Dye Merchant : 10 Flowers)
- Journey into Night ( Black Dye Merchant : 10 Flowers)
- Winged Wayfarer ( Baku the Voiceless : 10 Ghost Flowers, New Game+)
- Raider's Regalia ( Iki Merchants : 10 Flowers)
Mongol Commander's Armor [ ]
- Khan's Might (Default)
- Mongol's Pride ( Baku the Voiceless : 10 Ghost Flowers, New Game+)
- Eagle's Wing ( Baku the Voiceless : 10 Ghost Flowers, New Game+)
Gallery [ ]
References [ ]
- 2 Ghost Armor
- 3 Gosaku's Armor
- PlayStation 3
- PlayStation 4
- PlayStation 5
- Xbox Series
- More Systems
- lost my horse armor from iki island
- Ghost of Tsushima
- Topic Archived
More Topics from this Board
- How much of a difficulty jump is Iki Island? 21 posts, 4/16 6:45AM
- Does the Director's Cut have the DLC on the disc, or is it a voucher code? 2 posts, 9/28 10:35AM
- Does the dodge feel kinda pointless? 8 posts, 9/22 1:02AM
- Came back to this game after 2 years 4 posts, 9/21 11:06PM
- "Terror is not the weapon of a samurai" my ass. 11 posts, 9/21 11:05PM
- Do your choices matter? Plot 1 Answer
- Is there any way for you to zoom out the camera? Tech Support 3 Answers
- How do I do a chain assassination? Tech Support 1 Answer
- What are the best charms for the Gosaku armor? Build 4 Answers
- How do you regenerate Resolve? Plot 2 Answers
How Do You Get Your Horse Armor Back In Ghost Of Tsushima?
Published by Jennifer Webster on November 28, 2022
To locate the horse armor of Kazumasa Sakai, Ghost of Tsushima players should jump into the water and swim toward two sailless masts that are protruding from it .
Where is Tsushima horse armor ghost?
There is a mast in the middle you can climb on but it will fall once you jump on it, so ignore it. Walk across the rope and jump to the rock and you will see a white cloth that indicates you can grapple and climb the side of the boat. Inside the boat is the horse armor.
Can you get your old horse back in Ghost of Tsushima?
After riding them they will respond to Jin’s whistle as long as they are within a certain distance of Jin, causing his main horse to no longer respond. However, leaving the other horse behind for long enough will cause Jin’s whistle to call his horse again .
Where do I find the horse armor of Kazumasa Sakai?
Head right and up the sloped rock to head around the ship. On the other side, once again wait for a wave to crash over the mossy rock, then jump onto it, then jump towards the merchant ship and use the Grapple Point. Climb up onto the deck, then turn left to find the Horse Armor .
How do I get armor for my horse?
Horse armor can now be found in chests in jungle & desert temples, dungeons, nether fortresses, stronghold altar rooms and village blacksmith buildings . Iron horse armor can now additionally be found in mineshaft chests.
Where is Tsushima in real life?
Tsushima Island (Japanese: 対馬, Hepburn: Tsushima) is an island of the Japanese archipelago situated in- between the Tsushima Strait and Korea Strait, approximately halfway between Kyushu and the Korean Peninsula .
Which armor is best Ghost of Tsushima?
The Sarugami Armor is perhaps the new best armor in Ghost of Tsushima. This is the best definition of risk and reward. The armor’s special ability allows players to use a combo whenever they get a perfect parry against an enemy. This new counterattack can chain up to three times when the armor is fully upgraded.
Which horse is best Ghost of Tsushima?
There are no differences between the horses. Every horse gallops at the same speed, your choice is simply your personal preference . You’ll then also need to pick a name for your horse and once again, this doesn’t have any effect on gameplay. Jin will call your horse by its name every now and then, but that’s all.
Will there be a Ghost of Tsushima 2?
By all means, take this with a pinch of salt, but to some the below ‘leak’ is more or less a red flag that Ghost of Tsushima 2 has been confirmed by Sucker Punch Productions and may already be in production .
Is it possible to beat Khotun Khan in the beginning?
While it may look like players can beat Khotun early on, the game actually forces players into a cutscene to progress the story. So, unfortunately, players can’t beat Khotun Khan during the first boss fight . Players will always be forced into the same cutscene at a certain point.
How do you get jins dads armor?
Jin’s father’s armor is considered to be some of the most balanced gear in the game. You’ll get it as part of Ghost of Tsushima’s main quest line. Once you complete the Ghosts from the Past mission at the start of Act 2 , Jin will unlock his family’s armor to help his battle against the Mongols.
Is Shimura Kazumasa brother?
Biography. Kazumasa was the head of Clan Sakai, preceding his son, Jin Sakai. He was married to Lord Shimura’s younger sister, Chiyoko, who passed away seven years after the birth of their son. He lived in the Sakai’s household in Omi Village, Toyotama region, which also became Jin’s childhood home.
How many horses do you get in Ghost of Tsushima?
Chosen During Prologue You’ll be able to choose your horse during the beginning of the game. Mid-prologue, you’ll get to the stables and you’re offered to choose from 3 samurai horses.
Why is my horse armor not showing up?
Open the game’s main menu. Navigate to Options. Navigate to Gameplay. Find the option for “Hide stamina upgrade”, “Hide speed upgrade”, and “Hide speed upgrade.”
Does horse armor wear out?
Horse armor can be leather, iron, gold, and diamond. It differs in the degree of protection, like the player’s armor, but does not wear out .
What happens if you smelt horse armor?
Iron and Gold Horse Armor can be smelted into Iron Nuggets or Gold Nuggets , respectively.
Is clan Sakai real?
The Sakai samurai clan has existed in real-life for generations, but it wasn’t established until the 14th century — and the Sakai clan has never been led by a man named “Jin.” There’s also no such thing as the “Shimura Clan” in Japan, though Shimura is a fairly common surname.
Did Jin Sakai exist?
1/15 Jin May Be Fictional, But His Life Is Authentic These people did not exist in Japan, and one person did not defeat the Mongols. However, the way these two lived was pretty authentic to the time. The development team enlisted the help of two real-life, modern-day samurai to bring Jin’s story to life.
Did any samurai survive Tsushima?
Amongst the 80 samurai originally stationed on Tsushima Island, 78 samurai were slain at the Battle of Komoda Beach, leaving only few survivors, including Jin Sakai and Lord Shimura , alongside Sadanobu Ishikawa who was ambushed by his former student on the way to the battle and Masako Adachi, who stayed behind at the
Who is the strongest character in Ghost of Tsushima?
1/10 Most Powerful: Lord Shimura Defeating him is one of the hardest trophies to earn in Tsushima, but Shimura does have a bunch of katana stabs that he uses in between red and blue attacks which are much easier to parry.
What is the strongest class in Ghost of Tsushima?
The Assassin class is the best class for players who prefer stealth gameplay, and they can also work quite synergistically with the Hunter class, allowing a team to take down foes without ever being seen.
What are 3 uses of horses.
Most domesticated horses in the world today are used to ride and to do farm or ranch work. Some horses are treated similar to pets, kept for their companionship and entertainment value. Horses are often Read more…
What Can I Make From Horse Hair?
Horsehair is used for the crafts of horsehair hitching, horsehair braiding, pottery, and in making jewelry items such as bracelets, necklaces, earrings and barrettes. It is used to make some wall and fine arts paintbrushes. Read more…
Do Horses Get Fake Hair?
Known in the industry as “fake tails,” these pieces, just like the best hairpieces for humans, are made from real hair and braided into existing locks to add length and volume. In this case, the Read more…